Yesterday was Ben's birthday! He turned 24! Wahoo! He's so old now... Just kidding. We started off the day by.... going to work! Yay! But at work we watched 2 documentaries. One was called
Dogs Decoded, and the other was
March of the Penguins. The dog one was really cool. It showed studies that were going on with dogs, and how humans and dogs
understand each other or something. Anyway, here is the thing. I need a dog. Apparently when you have a dog, and interact with it (pet them, play with them, take care of them, etc.) it releases the hormone Oxytocin in BOTH humans and the dogs. Oxytocin is the hormone that releases the milk in breastfeeding mothers. So doctors think that Oxytocin has something to do with the bond between mothers and babies. Anyways, because this hormone is released between both humans and dogs, they think it may have something to do with the bonds that humans and their dogs make. But Oxytocin does also stimulate muscles to relax which makes you feel relaxed and good. Therefore, it can lower your blood pressure and heart rate. Therefore dogs help lower your blood pressure, heart rate. Also they said that people who have dogs are like 4x (don't quote me on that, I'm not sure exactly) to not have a heart attack, and if they do have a heart attack they are more likely to survive. Since my blood pressure and heart rate have been skyrocketing lately, I need a dog. The end. Sorry, most of you probably skipped that part, but I think it is SO cool!
Speaking of my blood pressure and heart rate, I am able to go back on some medicine to help with my anxiety. I feel confident that with this help I will be soooooooo much better. I know it also help keep my heart at healthier rhythms :). Now, back to BEN'S BIRTHDAY! We left work at lunch time and went to Cafe Rio! Ben stuffed himself with their Sweet Pork Salad. Unfortunately I have been having to force food down myself the past few days, so I didn't enjoy my myself as thoroughly. But Ben was happy, and still full by the time we had dinner!
 |
| Before.... |
 |
| After... |
Next we went home and took a nap! Ben took a 3 hour nap! It felt great. Then we had dinner with my family. My mom made Ben's favorite food that his mom makes... Chicken Pot Pie! It was delicious! My mom even put a "B" on it for Ben.
 |
| Another shot of my belly kinda... |
 |
| It was a long day... I really am trying to look happy here. |
 |
| Giftcard from Nicholas for a new hat! |
 |
| Bookmarks from Taylor |
 |
| BYU hoodie from my mommy and daddy |
 |
| So cute :) |
 |
| Happy Birthday Ben! |
 |
| Ben's Funfetti Cake |
 |
| He actually blew them all out in one breath! |
So that was his birthday! He got some new dress shirts, a new pair of jeans, a new T'shirt (which he is wearing today), some new ties, giftcards, a hoodie, bookmarks, and some cards! PS In ONE WEEK we will be on the road headed from Denver to Chicago. It's getting so close!
1 comment:
We loved Ben's "full" expression after Cafe Rio. It's priceless!
~Claire
Post a Comment