Sunday, August 21, 2011

Our 1 Year Anniversary!!!

It is crazy to think that Ben and I have been married for a year now! There has been so much happening lately that it just kinda sneaked up on us! Yesterday morning Ben got up and surprised me with a yummy breakfast of pancakes, toast, eggs, bacon and orange juice. It was soooooo sweet! He also got me a bouquet of flowers, and later gave me a bouquet of roses! It was great! I love flowers. I also got a new scripture marking pencil- the one that has like 10 colors in it- I love it! I got Ben a new digital watch, which he has been proudly sporting since I gave it to him. After breakfast we got ready and went to the Penn State Arboretum. It was beautiful! I took a lot of pictures, and I must say I think they turned out fabulous!


Only fitting that we take pics of Hydrangeas on our Anniversary! (They were our wedding flowers)



Giant pumpkins!



I love this picture!


And I love this one!

Rolling hills of TREES!


Ben front of the Law Building!
 After the Arboretum we went onto Campus and wanted to try out the Creamery. I just asked for a cone of ice-cream and this is what I got. It was way too much ice-cream- I did not eat it all. Ben got a milkshake which he enjoyed, then we went off exploring. Unfortunately it was really hot and campus is really big so we didn't see much more than dorms... but we plan to explore again when the weather is a little cooler :-).



taking a much needed break from the sun under a HUGE tree!
After that we came back home and watched American Ninja Warrior for like 3-4 hours. That's right- we were hooked. It was also the only interesting thing on TV. Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner! Ben got the Tour of Italy which consisted of lasagna, chicken parmesan, and fettuccine alfredo. I had my usual fettuccine alfredo which was pretty good. By the time we got home I was feeling exhauseted from our 4 hour adventure on campus so we went to bed after watching a little more TV. It was a relaxed, simple day but we enjoyed it!

We went to our new ward today and love it! The people are all so nice and welcoming and it felt good to meet some new friends! Hopefully sometime this week I will take pictures of our apartment :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SAMI! Your pictures are beautiful!! You are so talented. I am glad you are enjoying living in the East.

Stefani and Kevin Jessop said...

Campus looks beautiful! and i love the picture of you and your ice cream. I can't believe a year has already gone by, that is so crazy! You guys are so cute. I hope youre liking it out there!