Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ben's Birthday Bash!

Ben turned 25 on August 4th! While we were still in Utah, we had a little party for him. I made his cake, and then my mom and I also made some rootbeer cupcakes we surprised him with. It was actually a lot of fun! For the cake frosting I used kool-aid packets for color, and let me just say they were a little on the sweet side... okay, a lot on the sweet side. I haven't decided if I want to go that route again. Anywho, enjoy the pictures!
James didn't seem to mind the frosting!




Rootbeer cupcakes. I cut full size straws into mini ones! Aren't they cute?


Ribs, Cheeseburgers, potato salad, baked beans, and watermelon! YUMMY!

I made this for Ben last minute! I had fun :)


shirts, shorts, books, giftcards, etc!


Claire and Aaron came!

Starting him young!



His cake! Pretend that the icing on the bottom looks better...



James didn't know what to think about it...



Blew em all out!

"What just happened, Grandpa?"


He liked the rootbeer frosting too!



On Ben's actual birthday we were home in State College. For breakfast we went to The Waffle Shop and had some delicious chocolate chip waffles. Ben also got blueberries in his. It was really yummy. Then we took James to a babysitter and went and saw The Amazing Spiderman. It was pretty good, Ben enjoyed it :)

Waiting for the waffles!


little flirt!



No comments: