Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Daddy's Boy

The past few days James has been a total daddy's boy. He's LOVED his daddy from the very beginning but lately he has taken it to the extreme. I cannot, repeat, CANNOT put him down for a nap. We have a "wind down" period where we usually lay on our bed with him, read books, and chill. Except when I do this with him, it becomes more of a wind up session. He screams, shakes, and tries to crawl away from me. And then daddy comes into the room, and he's a completely different boy. He's all quiet and cuddles with daddy until he gets sleepy and we move him to his crib. This is fine except for the fact that daddy isn't always here for nap time... We are trying to figure that one out.
Luckily, he usually tolerates me if I'm the only one around, ha. Sometimes it makes me sad, sometimes I'm thankful for the break, but mostly I just love that he loves his daddy so much. Also, I know I can expect for the tables to turn somewhere down the road and he'll only want me... probably when the other baby gets here.
Enjoy the latest pics!
Father like son...



practicing walking! he's getting good!


this is why he isn't allowed in the kitchen when dishes are being done...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ha! I love the picture of them sleeping! :)

Stephanie said...

BOTH my girlfs wont let me put them to bed. Nap or night! They both only want Daddy...so it's tough on nights when he has hockey or when he has this week long trip coming up at the end of feb (i'm scared for that one!) Londyn also loves the dishwasher but she just throws all the silverware and anything she can reach....