Thursday, January 2, 2014

Our Week in Utah

We were able to stay in Utah for a whole week! It was a total blast. We got to visit BYU, where James wore his new puppy backpack. Hopefully we can recreate this picture in about 18 years, minus the puppy backpack. Unless he wants another puppy backpack then.


 



 My computer died the friday before we left, and with my dad's status as still a student (although he actually graduated in December), I was able to get a new computer at the BYU bookstore. I got a mac and I am loving it!! :)
We spent a lot of time hanging out, cuddling babies, and we even did some shopping (fun for me)!



 We were also able to do some last minute family pictures since we were all there! I'm still waiting for my photoshop program to edit all of them, but I couldn't not post something! So here is a little preview.

After pictures on Saturday Ben and I went with Nicholas and Telsee to see the movie Frozen. The only seats left were on the very front row, but despite that we enjoyed the movie! I want to go to Norway now. After that, Andrew (Ben's brother), Kristen and Jaxon, and Claire (Ben's sister), Aaron and Graysen came over and we visited and ate pizza! Unfortunately James was super tired and went to bed shortly after they arrived. He got to play with Graysen a little bit, but we were a little bummed he wasn't able to play Jaxon either. Anyways, It was so fun to see them all and to visit! It was their first time meeting baby Theo.

James likes putting on other people's shoes. It's pretty cute.


Ben making Theo giggle for everybody

I didn't get many pictures of Graysen and Jaxon- they move so fast!








On Sunday we went to church with my parents. Ben ended up being in nursery with James most of the time, and I was in the Mother's lounge, or the hall with Theo. BUT- Theo did manage somehow to take his first selfie during sacrament meeting. After church we took naps, and my mom made chocolate chip cookies, which James LOVED.

grandpa was giving James swedish fish and water
 



James got Nutella French Toast!




Theo's first selfie









On Monday we got a new sister! Zoey's adoption was made official at the Provo Courthouse. I feel like that should get a seperate post, so more on that later! Ben went to the courthouse with my parents and Zoey, and I took the boys to my old roommate Brittany's house. It was really fun to see her and her boys, and another former roommate Sara and her little girl. I'm kicking myself for not taking any pictures. Oh well. After that is when I got my new computer!


James discovered he could fit in the grandma's cupboards.






Tuesday was our last day! We started it off by going to Build-a-Bear with Taylor. She had given James a giftcard from there LAST christmas, and there are no build-a-bears anywhere near us. It was fun... for me! James didn't really care after about 5 minutes. Taylor also made Theo a little mouse!


after we finished in build-a-bear, we found Ben and James in the Disney Store

This little stinker kept picking the fake berries off the garland and putting them in his mouth. He totally was doing it because he knew he wasn't supposed too. We eventually had to take it down.



Nicholas came over for a New Year's Eve dinner of Cafe Rio! And to say goodbye to us.






glasses from build-a-bear... I really got them for the boys.
Our flight left at 11:55pm, so we put James down for bed at his usual time, and woke him up at 9:30pm when we had to leave for the airport. He actually did really well for being woken up. He was then wide awake for the majority of the flight- little stinker just wanted to watch Wreck it Ralph. Our seats were across the aisle from each other and we both had the middle seat next to us open. One of the guys sitting in the window seat switched seats with me, and we were able to have a row all to ourselves! It was sooooo nice! Theo slept the entire flight! It was awesome.




Happy New Year!



James got upset when we tried making him fall to sleep, so Ben had to stand in the back of the plane and rock him. Luckily it worked and he cuddled up next Ben and slept the rest of the flight.

We landed around 6am eastern time and were pretty dang tired! I had been looking at the weather, and trying to decide if we should get a hotel and visit New York for a few days and SLEEP. But the weather wasn't looking too great and the hotel we tried calling wouldn't let us check in until 3am. So we just went home! And it was a good thing because now New York and New Jersey are getting hammered with a snow storm. It's snowing pretty good here too. I was soooo tired on the drive back- it was a good thing Ben drove. I would have killed us like 4 times. As we were getting out of NYC, I was being the navigator and telling Ben where to go. I said, "take exit 4-6". Ben said, "you mean exit 46?" I was so loopy I couldn't read straight. I also thought I made a hilarious joke about a black taxi being an "undercover" taxi. Needless to say, I crashed once we got into New Jersey. James slept a lot too, and watched Toy Story. Theo slept almost the whole trip, which was great! And Ben stayed awake the ENTIRE time. Thank goodness. We made it home safely around 1pm and all took naps! Its great to be home!



No comments: