And I was left at home with the boys. I was able to get everybody ready and out the door to church (on time even! Barely...). Everything was going great too! James was sitting quieter than he ever had during sacrament meeting. Then James bumped his head and started getting upset. So I handed off Theo to the Bishop's wife behind us. James calmed down, and Theo was content with the Hollands. But then Theo started getting tired and fussy. So I asked the girls sitting next to us if they could try to occupy James while I went out and tried to rock Theo to sleep. Then James started crying. A few minutes later, our friend Shandee brought James out. A lot of shuffling babies around between different people and eventually we ended up playing trains in the nursery. Then James fell and bonked his eyebrow and his lip, so I handed Theo to Shandee while I helped James. Once James was calmed down I took him back into the chapel. A few minutes later Shandee's husband came and gave me a sleeping Theo. Shandee somehow managed to get to sleep! Anyways, James did great in Nursery, and I had a lot of help getting back out to the car. It was really cool to see all these people in our ward helping me out. It really meant a lot to me.
That first night went okay. I was up with Theo quite a few times, but he gave me decent breaks so it was okay. Monday also went pretty good. We had a playdate, and then we went to Kohl's. Some people from the ward even brought me dinner! (I was quite spoiled). Monday night, I don't really remember what happened. Just that I didn't get very good sleep.
Tuesday was... horrible. Both the boys started getting sick. Theo was super super congested and also constipated. So he was feeling miserable and cried pretty much all day. He also didn't sleep very much.
| soooo tired! I think I fell asleep too after I took this picture. |
![]() |
| if you can tell, he has major snot running down his face. |
And then wednesday came! Wednesday morning after talking with Ben on FaceTime we went to target. After that we went to Wendy's for lunch! I was actually surprised at how well James did. He had some nuggets, fries, and devoured a frosty. He even was feeding an imaginary friend. When I asked him for some frosty he would take a bite and give me what was left on the spoon, or he would dip the spoon in the frosty and give me tiny bite. Then he would give himself a huge bite! It was so funny. James behaved really well, and I was able to feed Theo too! I couldn't ask for a smoother lunch!
![]() |
| Theo had a big blowout (yay for pooping!) so I had to strip him down |
![]() |
| sent this to ben as I was going to bed/to rescue Theo. Not much time to get stuff done! |
Wednesday night was horrible. I don't even remember what happened. Just that I tried having Theo sleep in his bed, in our bed, in our bed with me, downstairs in his car seat, and then on the couch with me. I ended up only getting like 2 hours of sleep that night I think.
![]() |
| so ready for Ben to get home! |
Thursday morning we went to the airport and picked up Ben! I was soooooo good to see him. James gave him the biggest smile for the longest time. It was adorable. We cuddled, played, took naps (thank goodness!), built forts, read stories, and everything else we could think of the rest of the day. Yay for daddy getting home!
| check our that static electricity! |
| And here is Theo in the cute jammies grandma sent home with daddy |
So glad Ben is home! Now I know I can survive on my own with 2 little kids, who are sick and don't like to sleep, for 5 days! Glad that one's over!






















No comments:
Post a Comment