Saturday, September 3, 2011

CRAFTS!!!!

This week I caught the craft bug! It feels good, because it keeps me busy! The first thing I did was finish a bag I started all the way back in April... it looks so good, and I am so proud of myself. I'm excited to use it on Sunday!
The stripes are one big pocket that goes around the bag, and then there is a cute little pocket in the inside :)

My next craft was coasters! I was getting annoyed with the water rings from our cups/water bottles all over. So I went to home depot (my dad would be so proud:)) and bought 4 ceramic tiles. Then I used scrapbook paper I had at home and used Mod Podge to glue the paper to the tiles, and went over it on top a few times to seal it, and make a waterproof surface. I think they turned out pretty cute and it only cost me $0.68 (the tiles were each $0.16!)!

Last but definitely not least... my pillow! I just finished it, and WE LOVE IT! I found the inspiration and tutorial here. I had to cut the strips myself, which took a while, but it was totally worth it! It looks so good. We took one of the pillows that we got from Andrew (Ben's brother) and Kristen, but the seam was ripped and stuffing was coming out of the side. So instead of just stitching the seam back up, I decided to rip it apart and use the stuffing inside to make a new pillow!
Before...
After!!!!!
I still need to make the other one, but I'm giving myself a little break first. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sami! Your coasters are adorable! What an awesome idea. I wish that I was crafty!

Stephanie said...

so cute!!! I have done coasters like that too! LOVE them I want to make seasonal ones too that I can switch out :)
I found a book at the library called 101 sewing projects, has some super fun crafts if you feel like you want some more ideas its super fun!

Cassy said...

cute stuff, sami! keep posting!

MaShay & Jason said...

You are so cute Sami! I didn't know you were pregnant! So excited for you! Congrats girl!