Well... I'm 39 weeks now and really wishing that this little boy would come already! I really honestly did not think I would ever make it this far. It's great that I have, and I am thankful that I was able to. This pregnancy has been pretty easy since I've been able to take my medicine. I was feeling pretty good about myself and my "ability to carry babies" if that makes sense. I was going to have a wonderful end of pregnancy, and I wasn't ever going to get tired of it, and my baby would come and everything would be just perfect! It sounded great to me! Then about 2 weeks ago I started getting this rash. It is so bad now it covers just about my whole body except my chest and face. Something is always itching, burning, etc. I am taking Zyrtec (an antihistamine), multiple showers a day, hydra-cortisone cream, aloe-vera, benadryl, unisom (so I can sleep- otherwise there would be NO sleep), vitamin E lotion, and most recently bags of frozen vegetables! I think I have cried every day this week so far and complained... a lot.
Then yesterday I was crying and telling Ben how hard it was and he told me "well, just try to be happy!" Of course that did not go over too well with me and I proceeded to ignore him for the rest of the night. He fell asleep and I had the thought to look at General Conference talks. Once in particular stood out in my mind- the one about the Currant Bush! The talk is titled "As Many as I Love, I rebuke and Chasten" by D. Todd Christofferson, and you can read it
here. It was EXACTLY what my prideful self needed to hear. From it I learned a lot and was humbled. The rest of the night I was in a much better mood and willing to wait for my little baby.
So anyways- here is a picture of me from today, and you also get to see what my rash looks like! Lucky you.
 |
| maternity shirts don't even cover my whole belly anymore! |
 |
| close up of my arm. This picture does it pretty good justice, but not quite. This is what my legs look like too :) |
2 comments:
oh dear girl! You got this! Can only go up from here ;) You're in our thoughts and prayers, I hope things go smoothly when he does get here!
Ugh...Im so sorry!
Your belly is super cute though! :)
Post a Comment