Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My No Good, Horrible Week

This post is mostly so I have these things recorded, if you don't want to read it, it's okay- it's mostly me complaining. :)
Last Sunday (Jan. 29), I started noticing that my stomach was more itchy than normal, and that I had some bumps on it. I remembered reading somewhere that that was normal, so I didn't worry too much about it. Well, in the last week the little itchy bumps exploded and multiplied like crazy. My stomach looks like it has a bunch of hives/blisters on it, and of course-it's itchy. But it didn't stop there- I now have little hives all up and down my arms and legs, which are itchy too. The good thing is that they are still rather small, not like the ones on my stomach. I called the doctor yesterday and they told me that it sounds like the PUPPP rash which is common in pregnancy. They told me to use hydra-cortisone cream, and to take benadryl at night. The nurse who was acting as the go between for me and the doctor told me that the rash should go away once the placenta is delivered. I'm also using this soap that is supposed to work miracles. I shower with it in cold water 3 times a day. Oh, and the soap smells like a campfire. I really hope that it works, because it's been making me pretty miserable! I hope this baby comes soon, I'm not sure how much longer I can last!
Also, last night I managed to trip over our trash can (not sure how I managed that- it's the big kitchen one), and fell hard on my hands and knees. In addition to the hives on my legs, I now have nice rug burns on my knees to accompany them. I also pulled/tore/strained some muscles/ligaments in hip/leg/groin area. I could hardly walk last night. Ben had to walk for me, by picking up my leg and moving it for me. And is if rolling over in bed wasn't already hard, it was pretty close to completely impossible last night. I had to wake up Ben and the only way I could get over was for him to pick me up and flop me on my other side (gentler than it sounds though). Some good news is that it is feeling a little better this morning, as in, walking isn't quite as painful or difficult. And don't worry, our little guy is fine. moving and rolling like nothing out of the ordinary is happening.
One more thing. After I got out of the shower this morning, my mom called me. She told me that Flashy (my grandpa's horse I used all during my Westernaires days) had died. My grandpa found her this morning :(. She was the best horse ever, and I'm glad I got to visit her one last time when we were there in August.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Aw, Sami, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. That will make baby time so much sweeter! Hang in there, beautiful! That little tot is just around the corner & you BETTER post pictures when you get a chance of that little boy because I've only been waiting to see his cute face since you got pregnant :)

Stephanie said...

Oh Miss Sami!! PUPPP is terrible!!! My mom had that when she was pregnant with me! In one of the text books at BYU there is a photo of a patient with PUPPP's and its my mom, her professor was re-writing the book when she had them and asked to put her photos in it!! I'm sure there is an updated one now though seeing as that was over 20 years ago :) BUT after a week of it my dad went with my mom to the doc and said "we are not leaving til we have this baby" so they induced her, and 36 hours later I showed up so they could leave lol. If its making you miserable at least talk about it with your doc! Good Luck! keep ya in our prayers!

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

I didn't have PUPPP, but I did have horrible swelling and itchiness to where they admitted me. they kept cold clothes on me and kept switching them out-then my doctor told me to go home and take aveeno oatmeal baths...they really helped. GOOD LUCK! (ps I found the aveen stuff at walgreens-the generic works too-from king soopers)